New Zealand’s tech and healthcare industries have seen significant growth over the past few decades. In fact, the tech industry alone has grown from just 5,000 employees in 2007 to an estimated 21,000 in 2020. This growth is being fuelled by the country’s focus on innovation and its well-established education system that provides a foundation for technical opportunities in many areas.
In addition, the healthcare industry has also seen significant growth, with the number of healthcare workers estimated to be around 316,000 in 2019. This has been driven by the country’s increasing demand for health services, the need for better access to innovative technologies and greater access to specialists and healthcare professionals.
New Zealand’s Tech Industry
New Zealand’s tech industry is one of the country’s most innovative sectors, with a focus on developing new technologies to meet the needs of its citizens. In recent years, the industry has grown significantly, with a number of tech companies and start-ups emerging. This has been led by the emergence of a variety of new technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, and the internet of things.
The industry has a number of benefits for the country including:
- The creation of jobs that span a variety of industries.
- Increased access to innovative technology and new products.
- The development of innovative services that are tailored to the needs of the consumer.
- The promotion of research and development which leads to new discoveries and innovations.
The tech industry is also contributing to the country’s economic growth, with estimates indicating that the industry has contributed around $4.8 billion to the New Zealand economy in 2020. This economic contribution is expected to increase as more and more tech companies become established in the country.
New Zealand’s Healthcare Industry
New Zealand’s healthcare industry is also experiencing a period of growth due to the increasing demand for healthcare services. The country’s healthcare system is well-developed, with the public healthcare system offering free access to medical services for all citizens.
The industry has been able to meet the country’s increased demand for healthcare services by:
- Investing in state-of-the-art technology that is tailored to the country’s unique needs.
- Providing access to specialist consultants for those who need it.
- Creating a network of healthcare facilities that provide access to services for all New Zealanders.
- Developing initiatives that promote the use of innovative healthcare technologies and the implementation of digital solutions.
These initiatives have been successful in providing New Zealanders with access to the healthcare they need. This in turn has contributed to the country’s overall economic growth and has enabled the healthcare industry to provide a valuable service to its citizens.
Both the tech and healthcare industries have seen significant growth in New Zealand over the past decade. This growth has been driven by the country’s commitment to innovation, its well-established education system, and its focus on providing citizens with access to healthcare services. The success of both industries is key to the country’s economic growth, and they both make important contributions to the lives of New Zealanders.